Coaches Make the Difference
Our top-notch staff brings a variety of experiences and perspectives to make a well rounded and valuable camp experience for you. Our coaching staff is made up of full-time professionals in the sport of rowing. We have coached in the following collegiate conferences: Atlantic Coast, Atlantic Sun, Atlantic Ten, Big East, Big Ten and Ivy League.
2003-Present: Head Coach
George Washington University
1996-03: Head Coach
1992-95: Men's Varsity Lightweight Coach
University of Rhode Island
1989-91: Head Coach
1986-87: Assistant Coach
More than 25 years as a collegiate head coach, Peterson’s passion for rowing is contagious. He is successful at guiding athletes in attaining their full potential. He has coached both at the collegiate and national team level and has mentored 11 athletes that have gone on to earn spots on the U.S. National Team, five who earned medals at the World Championships or Olympics.
- At Indiana University, has coached six All-Americans, 15 All-Region athletes, and 26 All-Big Ten athletes
- NCAA 2014 Division I National Head Coach and Staff of the Year
- NCAA 2015 Division I Regional Staff of the Year
- Atlantic 10 Conference coach of the year in 2000 and 2001
- Coached U.S. Lightweight Women for four years to multiple medals at both the World Championships and Pan Am Games
- Guided Indiana University rowing to three consecutive NCAA Championships and top 15 national rankings from 2014 to 2016
- Member of the 1996 U.S. Olympic Team
- 1990 World Champion in the Lightweight Double Sculls
- Seven-time U.S. National Rowing Team member
- Inducted into USRowing Hall of Fame in 2007
- Inducted into the University of Rhode Island Hall of Fame in 2000
Perry is the varsity recruiting coordinator and assistant coach at Indiana University. As a former All-American at the Ohio State University, she has roots in the Mid-West. She has over a decade of coaching experience which spans the B1G Conference, Ivy League, and Atlantic Coast Conference and includes two NCAA National Championship titles (Brown University 2008, University of Virginia 2012.) Coach Perry also coached at her alma mater, the Ohio State University, and Cornell University.
Chavers, who works with the novice squad at Indiana University, was previously an assistant coach at Stetson University. She also has experience coaching high school girls and boys at several programs in Washington, D.C. and Boston, MA.
She rowed on the collegiate level at Marietta College in Ohio. She continued her education by earning her doctorate in Physical Therapy from Northeastern University in Boston.